Certified Lymphedema Therapists will be happy to answer your questions on how we may help you or someone you know who has lymphedema.
LYMPHEDEMA is a disruption in the normal flow of lymph nodes resulting in an accumulation of interstitial proteins. Manifest like butter becoming rancid, free radicals are trapped in the tissues, denature proteins and oxidized cell membranes. The skin develops a pathohistological state of chronic inflammation.
Complete Lymphedema Therapy consists of the following lymphedema treatments:
- Lymphatic drainage
- Compression bandaging
- Skin care
- Patient-specific lymphedema physical therapy exercises
- Exercise for lymphedema is also emerging as an important component of lymphedema treatment.
- Increased range of motion/flexibility
- Decreased swelling
- Decreased pain
- Increased strength
- Restore function and improve quality of life
- Increase functional mobility
- Improve quality of life at the convenience in your own home